Temple Basin Ski Area is operated by Temple Basin Ski Club Inc., a Charitable Trust.
In order to offer guests the best experience at the lowest cost the lodges are run communally. This means that everyone staying on the mountain is required to participate in general housekeeping or food preparation duties each day, and we ask that these be carried out in a willing and cheerful manner. Guests staying over a weekend have particular responsibilities. On arrival, each guest must assist with carrying personal belongings and the food supplies from the goods-lift top to the lodges. On the final day, all guests must assist in cleaning the Lodges to a reasonable standard for incoming guests.
The Manager has the authority to maintain safety on the field, proper use of facilities and a reasonable standard of behaviour. He has absolute authority over guests and anyone exhibiting unreasonable behaviour is liable to have their stay terminated. Each Lodge has large recreational areas which are available for guests 24 hours each day. All bunkrooms are designated “silent” areas from 9pm each evening. Juniors are not permitted to use or have alcohol or illegal drugs. The ski week and accommodation of any junior breaking this rule will be terminated and he or she will be required to leave. On Supervised Junior Ski Weeks, boys are not allowed in the girls bunkrooms and girls are not allowed in the boys bunkrooms. Parents or guardians of juniors will be held responsible for their child’s behaviour regardless of whether the parent or guardian is present at the time or not.
Temple Basin uses rope tows as lifts. These are a fast and efficient means of moving guests around the mountain and require nutcracker towbelts to operate. Towbelts are available for purchase or rent on the mountain. Temple Basin does not employ mechanical means to groom its slopes.
Because of the fire risk, smoking is totally banned from all buildings on the field. Fire and emergency equipment is to be used only in emergencies. This equipment will be demonstrated during each week by the field staff. Warm clothing, footwear and a torch must be kept handy to your bunk each night in case of fire.
Accommodation Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Refunds on cancellation of booked and confirmed accommodation and accommodation packages are as follows:
- When a package is cancelled by the Temple Basin Ski Club Inc., a full refund will be given less bank charges.(Unless the cancellation has been for disciplinary purposes).
- When a package is cancelled by guests, an administration fee and cancellation fee will apply. For details of these fees, please see below.
- All refunds will be made by the Temple Basin Ski Club Inc., not by the Ski Area or Ski Area staff.
An administration fee of $50 will be deducted from the amount of any refund payable under 2 above.
These are listed below:
- Cancellation 21 days prior to the commencement date of the booking – 90% refund less admin fee.
- Cancellation up to 7 days prior to the commencement of the booking – 70% refund less admin fee.
- Cancellation within 7 days of the commencement of the booking, or during the period of the booking – no refund will be given.
- Cancellation due to COVID-related symptoms will result in a full refund less an admin fee of 10% of the booking fee.